08 February 2010

Red Hoodie Frenzy


With the Olympics just days away, the hottest item in town has got to be the red full zip Canada hoodies at the Bay. There isn't a men's hoodie to be had this side of the Rockies, and today when I was there a full on feeding frenzy was in motion! An employee wheeled out a rack of fresh red hoodies and a dozen men swarmed him. It was like a sale on women's shoes at Barneys or something. Alas, every hoodie on the rack was XXL. I think the Bay misjudged what was going to sell - they can't keep Canada stuff on the shelves while all the Vancouver 2010 Olympics stuff is gathering dust.

My first ever Olympic event is on February 16th. Den Norske Bank invited me to the Canada - Norway men's hockey game! I'm very excited, even though I'll be sitting with the Norwegians. We also have the quarter final game that Canada will play in, assuming they're in...which they better be!!! Ken and I will be going to the bronze medal game, hopefully to cheer on the US v. Russia or Sweden. Alas, I didn't get the gold medal game.

On a related note, Deutsche Haus is right across the street from my office, and they set up a massive beer garden tent in the parking lot right below my window! Looks like it's oompah music for the next two weeks!

UPDATE: On Tuesday I went to the Bay at 9 AM, when the doors opened. There were about 30 people waiting outside. Lo and behold, there were two full racks of men's red hoodies. One rack was all XXL, but the other rack had M and L. I grabbed one and went straight for the cash registers. By 9:05, they were GONE. Every single one. As were all the white ladies ones they had put out. I overheard an employee telling a man that if he wanted one, he'd have to be at the store first thing in the morning. The man said, incredulously, "But you've only been open for 5 minutes!". I should have grabbed them all and sold them for $200 on the sidewalk. Anyway, I have MY red hoodie, WHOOHOO! Do you have yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment