16 February 2010

Game 1 - Norway



The fans in red, white and black.



Face off!.



Action in the Norwegian end.



Canada wins 8-0!



Team Canada congratulates Luongo.

Whew, what a game. It was supposed to be easy, and in the end the score was 8-0, but I have to say the crowd was feeling nervous after 20 minutes without any goals by Team Canada. I was sitting with my Norwegian bankers and they were pretty happy after the first period. But once Iginla scored, the floodgates opened and the game was no contest.

On the way in, there were dozens of anti-Norway protesters pestering my hosts. What, you say? What did Norway ever do to us? Well, apparently 92% of BC fish farms are owned by Norwegians (something I didn't know) and fish farms are purportedly bad for wild salmon. Who knew?

The entire crowd was decked out in Team Canada red, white and black, and the city erupted in delight after the game. The streets downtown were filled, as if the Canucks had won the Stanley Cup. It was only Norway, people, get a grip! Anyway, I have to say it was amazing to see the Canadian NHL stars competing for our country! Go, Canada!

In related news, I've been hearing numerous stories about establishments running out of beer! There are still 1 1/2 weeks to go! Get brewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment