18 February 2010

Around Town, Olympic Style

Wow, what a fantastic day! I have never seen the sun shine on Vancouver in February the way it shone today! I decided to take the day off to partake in the Olympic sized party that has overtaken our city!



Brooklyn sporting Canada tattoos on her cheeks!



Brooklyn and I outside Canada Hockey Place



Brooklyn and Judie at the incredible 4D film at Ontario House. I got splashed by Niagara falls and sprayed with snow from a toboggan!



Brooklyn with a real Canadian hockey giant!



Brooklyn and Judie in front of the Molson Canadian hockey tent...basically a gigantic beer garden with massive screens to watch the hockey game



Brooklyn and I bobsledding with the mascots!



Ditto!



Brooks perched on my shoulders to see the mascots at Robson Square



Quatchi plays hockey



Sumi on ice



The crowd in front of BC House



Ziplining right over Robson Square!

I know we're not typically known for our displays of Nationalism, but the entire city is decked out in red and white. I'm flying a Canadian flag at the house for the first time in my life...something a lot of Vancouverites are also doing for the first time. Go, Canada!

That was a nailbiter against the Swiss tonight...only winning in a shoot out. Yikes! We won thanks to the supersonic Nova Scotian goal scorer, Sidney Crosby! Whoohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment