16 February 2009

Peopled Out

Those who know me well would agree that I am not a people person. I generally don't like people. People annoy me. Like the drive-thru lady at Starbucks who has a need to tell me her life story every time I want an Americano. I don't care, lady, just give me my caffiene! I'm happiest running alone, sitting by myself staring at the sea or gazing from a mountaintop.

This past week has been tough. Last Saturday we had a semi-formal work related engagement. Monday night was a retirement party for Norman, with the full Board of Directors, at the stuffy Vancouver Club. Most of the members were already senior citizens at the time of the Great War. Wednesday night I had a Chartered Business Valuator's dinner at Sutton Place - you have to go and endure the presentations to get education credits for professional development purposes. Then of course we had the Lover's Ball on Thursday. On Valentine's Day, Judie invited 4 adults and 4 kids over for dinner and the total complement of 6 hyper-charged rug rats blew through the house like a hurricane on steroids. Sunday was a family dinner, along with the Kim's. We went to a Greek restaurant and the kids were fighting over the olives. Crikey. I am socialed out. My good behaviour is running on empty right now.

Kenpo felt great today (boxing / taekwondo).

No comments:

Post a Comment