04 February 2009

Bowtie Be Gone!

I went into Black & Lee today to get my tuxedo for the Lovers' Ball next Thursday night (side note - how the heck do I get myself sucked into these things?).

I figured I'd be in and out of the store in 10 minutes because all I wanted was a straight forward James Bond style black tux. The wheels came off the bus when I was asked me what kind of tie I had in mind and I said "I dunno, just yer standard black bowtie...I guess." The salesman looked at me with utter disdain. It seemed like the lights all around me darkened and a bright spotlight shone in my face. "Sir, with all respect, take a look around the showroom at all the displays and tell me what you see."

Damn it! As my eyes darted from one display to the next, I realized that out of twenty displays, there was only one bowtie! Long neck ties are the current fashion! Who knew? When did that happen? I was sooo embarassed.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    Put the cap back on the glue and don't inhale so deeply next time.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have gone for the bowtie too!

    ReplyDelete