25 July 2010

Samsung Crap

I am no longer a fan of Samsung after our LCD television stopped working. The tv is only 3-4 years old and naturally I didn't buy the extended warranty from Best Buy. In my experience, every electronic device I've ever bought has lasted at least 5+ years, so I didn't think I'd need an extended warranty.

Why I'm upset is that it appears that - after scoruing the internet - Samsung has a well documented problem with their LCD tv's with this very issue. The culprit parts are 4 tiny capacitors that cost about $2 each at Radioshack. It blows me away that Samsung does not stand behind this problem. Why buy a $1,000+ tv when the components Samsung chooses to use are crap?

I've ordered replacement parts to fix the tv, but it is nothing but a nuisance and it makes me never want to buy a Samsung product again.

No comments:

Post a Comment