27 January 2009

Bring It!

Through a bizarre sequence of events, I somehow find myself on Day 4 of Tony Horton's P90X program. I swear that every muscle in my entire body is aching. I am in agony like I have never felt before...especially my legs, that I thought were reasonably well conditioned from running. Nooooo!

Day 1 was 'chest and back' (an hour of pushups and pullups) - thank goodness I didn't have to drive to work that day, as I didn't have the strength left to turn the wheel. Day 2 was 'plyometrics' (an hour of squats and jumps) - my legs are still burning two days later. Day 3 was 'shoulders and arms' - this day would have been OK but it was followed by 'ab ripper' - 339 ab moves in 15 minutes. Ouch! Day 4 sounded easy - 'yoga'. But after an hour and forty minutes, my body was a crumpled ball of crap lying on the floor. I could hardly move today! Tomorrow is 'legs and back', a chance to redeem myself with my running legs...I hope!

The people at work are already taking bets as to how many days I will last. So far the longest is 21 days! Sheesh! Give me a little credit, people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment