13 December 2008

I'm blogging?

Why am I doing this to myself? Do I really think this blog will last? How many hours of time I don't have will I pour into maintaining this blog? Aaarrrggghhh! It's making me crazy just thinking about it!

I live many hundreds to thousands of miles away from my family, way out on Canada's left coast. The main reason for this blog is that most of my family members are too paranoid to create a facebook account, where I thought I could easily share photos of the kids and stay in touch with everyone. But no, my relatives seem to be hung up on worries of identity theft and former acquaintances discovering their whereabouts. Just who it is that my Dad or my Aunt think may appear from the past to track them down I'm sure I don't want to know.

I decided that before creating this blog I needed a goal. My goal is to achieve 72 posts, at which point I will go into syndication and re-run my posts over and over again for the rest of my life. Achieving 72 posts without offending at least one of my friends or relatives along the way would also be a nice goal...but let's face it, people, it's going to happen!

Those who know me well would say I will have no shortage of material for my blog, with topics such as "Traffic rant of the day!", "Our toilets are plugged again!", "Stupid person of the week!", and "Guess what 80's band reformed?".

I hope you will enjoy reading my blog as much as I hope I enjoy writing it!

3 comments:

  1. So now, in addition to the countless hours you spend searching for obscure 80's songs to download, you are going to be blogging too??? And you're calling me Kimchi???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pretty hot and spicy, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have gone with fried baloney & kimchi

    ReplyDelete