20 April 2010

Surf's Up!






Cowabunga, dude! Brook was ready to ride the waves...but had to be on a constant lookout for humpback whales. We saw dozens of whales at Wailea, fairly close to shore. At breakfast one morning a whole pod of them swam by, putting on a show right before our eyes for about 20 minutes. A couple of days later they did massive jumps and splashes in and out of the water by Elua beach. Wow! It was amazing. Even one day just walking along the shoreline path we saw them. I'm glad I didn't pay for a whale watching excursion.

The only bad thing was that I never bothered to grab the camera, thinking that as soon as I pulled it out they would disappear. At least Judie got a couple of tail shots.

Meanwhile, back on shore, my little hula girls did a little dance...Justin is so going to regret being such a little ham when he's older!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder at what age Justin will be able to smile properly.

    ReplyDelete