05 September 2009

Disneyland 2009 (Part 1)






Off we went to smokin' hot California last week, bound for Disneyland. The trip was a surprise for the kids and they didn't clue in where we were going until the Disneyland Express pulled up at LAX. Their reaction was muted and disappointing after the lengths we went to to keep it a secret! Sheesh. When I was a kid, going to Hawaii and California in the same year would have been a dream come true. But Brooklyn already has a surprising amount of air miles for an almost-4 year old, I guess.

Before we made it to the monorail station, we encountered the Lego store. Holy guacamole! Even I thought it was cool! I've never seen so much lego in one place, and they had practically every plastic piece of Star Wars lego ever made, including the $500 Death Star, on display in a case. The 6 foot tall Darth Vader made of lego blocks was pretty cool too.

But enough of that! Justin was soon ready to drive us to the the Magic Kingdom!

2 comments:

  1. I'm suprised with your blog title ,lobster with kimchi.
    as I'm korean, It will be a new trial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. quu,

    Even though I'm as Canadian as the maple leaf, my wife is Korean. Sometimes, our life gets a little spicy!

    ReplyDelete