01 March 2009

Retro Lego (Part 1)


My Mom saved all our Lego from when we were kids and shipped a gigantic tub of it out to Justin a while ago...probably more out of her own self-interest in decluttering the house than anything!!! But Justin is really into Lego these days, mainly because of the Star Wars Lego craze. I have to admit, Star Wars Lego is pretty freakin' cool. Anyway, I figured a rainy winter day was about the perfect time to break out the retro Lego.

Although all the pieces from all the sets were intermingled in the gigantic tub, we managed to build a few complete sets, with only the odd missing piece here and there. Pretty remarkable after 30 years. Lego is so durable it is easy to understand why they price it so high...it lasts forever!

The firestation set is from 1973, although my intructions were printed in 1975. It is so old it doesn't even have a name like "Fire House", it is merely Lego 357. I think the Lego flag is the only piece missing, but we have lots of flags from other sets. It goes for a whopping $15 on e-bay!!!

1 comment:

  1. Xmas 2007(or 2006), I says to the man I says "Look! Giant tubs of Lego for their **th anniversary and ONLY This much!" No says he..
    Hindsight and regrets...I has them. This past xmas I insited and we got them a retro style package (no theme) to bulk up the collection.

    ReplyDelete